Era Presentations


I learned a variety of interesting information and facts from my fellow classmates and their era presentations. One of the topics that stood out to me was that the Polio outbreak in 1952 led to increasing pediatric practice for occupational therapists, bringing about more splints and advanced prosthetics. This was interesting to me because previously working in an outpatient setting, I witnessed many splints made and applied, so I enjoyed learning about where it all started. Another thing I found interesting were the adaptive games that were used in the 1970s, which are still an important aspect in the field of occupational therapy today. Lastly, the first microwave in 1946 was five and a half feet tall and cost two thousand dollars, which is shocking. We use microwaves daily, and even in therapy settings, so I am thankful that over the years it has become significantly smaller and more affordable, making it more user friendly and portable.

Comments

Popular Posts