Occupational Therapy Settings


            As a future OT practitioner, I believe that you can’t really go wrong in whatever setting you choose because being an occupational therapist is such a rewarding job where you get the opportunity to help individuals of any age improve their quality of life. A setting that excites me the most is pediatrics. I have never worked or volunteered in a true pediatric setting before; However, I love children and am extremely excited to venture out to see if working with kids is the right fit for me. Furthermore, a school setting or working for St. Jude would be a dream. I am very close with both of my nieces, so kids hold a special place in my heart. I am definitely open to other settings, but as of now, pediatrics is my first choice of setting.
            Also, the podcast about healing through forensic occupational therapy with Sara Welsh was surprisingly very interesting to me. We don’t hear about that type of occupational therapy setting on a daily basis, so listening to her story and how she goes through her treatments was pretty fascinating. Teaching coping skills, rational thought, self-acceptance and forgiveness to individuals who are incarcerated and fighting addiction is uncommon, yet appealing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts